Search This Blog

Friday 7 June 2013

Update! Book Reviews for Masterminds and Adventure Picnic next week!

Bonjour my friends! This week has been a pretty chill week. I've been focusing on organizing the oncoming summer programming for the Superhero's (ages 6-9). And early in the week, on Tuesday, we had another splendid visit from another local kindergarten class. I got to take the kids on a tour of the library, while Carly gave some story and craft time for the kids to enjoy!


Today, I'll be working on planning out the rest of the summer reading club days for the Superhero's (ages 6-9) and Masterminds (ages 10-12)!!! I'm hoping to reiterate an idea from last year for the 10-12 aged kids with the return of Book Reviews!!! I think it's important to not just encourage kids to be reading, but to also get them to start to analyze and talk about the content of the stories they are reading! It's one of the best parts of reading - for me anyways!

Here's what we got for our Book Review Template:




Anyways, it's a very merry TGIF here at the library, cloudy morning with an oncoming hot afternoon according to the weather channel. I'll have to enjoy the fancy weather from inside - which is fine as I feel like I may have caught some sort of flu or nasty sickness -_- at least I'll have a weekend to recover!

Hopefully I'll be better for the awesome Adventure Picnic on Monday! I'm looking forward to the fun at the Beaver Valley Arena and BOUNCY CASTLE!!! woot! Here's a little snippet from our children's programming handout: 
 

The Adventure Picnic was also mentioned in yesterdays newspaper, here's the scoop:



No comments:

Post a Comment