Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Summer Reading Club Party!!! 2012


So a year late! Here I am back from school and home for the summer! My illustrious return to the library has been ripe with many ongoing children's programs and even more books! I'm super excited to be back and to be working with a new children's librarian here at the Beaver Valley Public Library, Carly!

Yesterday was my first day and before I could make any new posts on the blog, I thought the most imperative task before posting about this years program would be to wrap up last year's summer, as I never made a proper post about the fun and shenanigans that were held to close off our summer!

So I suspect this will mostly be pictures! Enjoy!!!


One of the activities held at the park: TYE DYE!!!! Rhonda cut out templates for awesome capes and we had the kids tye dye their own alter ego superhero costumes!






We also arranged for some fun carnival games for the kids!!!







Here's a picture of some of our lovely volunteers for the day! Thank you Ashely and friend!







And of course there was lots of fun to be had at the water park! duh!





And on such a hot day, popsicles were a must. 

















The party was a lot of fun! We even had time to have a water balloon fight and play the classic mummy in toilet paper game!





We all had lots of fun and I look forward to this year! We shall for sure continue on with all the fun adventures and learning that occurred last year!!



No comments:

Post a Comment