Search This Blog

Thursday 28 June 2012

PRIZES PRIZES!! ... prizes!

Today marks the completion of the Grand Renovation of Opulent Sensational Sprucing-up! Also known as G.R.O.S.S. .... hmmm, perhaps a better acronym is in order.

The kids section of the library is glorious! I'm currently basking in its loveliness - although basking in the sunshine that lurks outside would be nice as well! But with the library brand new coats of paint lining the walls, things inside have never been better! Gone are the sickly hospital-like blue and white walls and here lie the very Parisian, warm cafe-like colours of maroon, carmel and beige.


Of course I again forgot my camera today, I was late enough to work already (I forgot to lock the front door! and had to turn around half way to work!) that the camera slipped from my mind! Don't worry, I'll try tomorrow to take some shoots, just don't expect too much, my photography skills are not something to be desired! Although to be honest, I do doubt anyone is reading at the moment! My thoughts and writings probably aren't the most popular to be read - at least not while the sun is so friendly this warm afternoon! 


Anyways, back to operation G.R.O.S.S., the kid's section is marvelous. My bulletin board now has friends in the lovely decorations done by Rhonda's daughter, Ashely - who just so happens to be a genuine princess of the town! That's right you hard it hear folks... or I guess read it hear! our humble library has been touched by royalty! HUZZAH! Princess Ashely, an accomplished young artist, gave us the gift of two friendly robots and a very ferocious yet unknowably docile octopus! These faithful companions are tacked on the wall along with the letters STRANGE BUT TRUE? as crafted by Rhonda and her fantastic scrap-booking skills!


Oh! and of course! Did I mention the plethora of prizes, lining the top shelves as placed there by Rhonda? Awesome awesome stuff! This morning I was coloured green with envy at the prizes that the kids will be able to win (once they begin their reading expeditions, 15 minutes of reading = 1 name slip added to the pool of chance). I made some very controversial decisions in organizing the prizes... the most curious of them all being the placement of the marvel Spiderman lunch box next to the DC Blue Beetle Mighty Bean! Looking back now, I think I may have to separate the two in order to keep the peace. I also added a sign and played with the label maker in order to let the kids know that their is no touching of the prizes until they are rightfully won!


Needless to say, I had fun so far today! 


So in summary:

  • Operation G.R.O.S.S. has been a complete success
  • I really want a Spiderman lunchbox
  • I need to remember to bring my camera tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment